Wednesday, March 21, 2018

March Inspiration - Megan

Hi there Blue Fern Fans :)

Today I have two layouts for you using Amber & Apricot, and two cards, one using wanderlust and one using Remnants, so lets get to it :)


For this layout, I fussy cut along both edges and popped a large chipboard sheet behind it, before adhering it on top of my second piece of patterned paper.  I could then add my chipboard popping out from along the sides.  Theres also some fussy cutting, utilising the fabulous floral graphics to add more depth to my cluster.


 The details: sprinklings of seedlings and splatters of rust colours.


Chipboard has been embossed with Mushroom Embossing Powder - I find myself reaching for this one a lot, its a fab colour!


This photo shows you all the dimension of this layout, lots and lots of layers, makes everything pop!


Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Amber & Apricot - Sunny Disposition, Chapters

Chipboard:
Printed - Amber & Apricot

Embossing Powder:
Mushroom 

Seedlings:
Twig

Flowers:
Homespun Blooms
Wanderlust Lillies



My second layout today again uses the lovely Amber & Apricot collection.


My background this time is a mixture of stamping, paint splattering and fussy cutting -  this collection was perfect for it! ;)


Again there is a lot of dimension to this layout.  The heart has been painted,  while its till wet covered in red glitter, and then inked the edges with black archival ink.


I love how the seedlings give that extra bit of interest and pop to a project!


Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Amber & Apricot - Birdsong, Flora

Stamps:
Tattered Newsprint

Seedlings:

Printed Chipboard:
Amber & Apricot

Seedlings:
Meadow


My final project for you today is two cards with two different collections.


The first card uses the Remnants Collection.  The Callaway piece of patterned paper is perfect for cards - out of the four different 6x6 patterns, I selected the two I wanted and attached them to my cardstock base.


I used two different colours of seedlings to coordinate with the green/purple colour scheme I had chosen.


The chipboard this time I left bare because I felt there was enough colour without introducing a new one.  The printed chipboard pieces created further interest popping out from my cluster and curled paper edges.



The last project for you today is a card using the Wanderlust collection.  The card was for a colleague who was leaving; young and full of energy I thought this quote was here to a T! :)


Simple but effective there was really nothing to this but I love how it turned out.  Layers of paper with layers of chipboard, some twine and a bit of paint splattering.


You can see here the amount of layering involved.
Thanks for popping by!  I'll see you next month :)


Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Remnants - Callaway
Wanderlust - Petites

Printed Chipboard:
Remnants
Wanderlust

Seedlings:
Meadow
Purple Haze

Flowers:
Spring Florals




No comments:

Post a Comment