Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Clean Up! w/Erin Blegen

Good morning! Erin Blegen here with you today to share a few projects using some of the newer Blue Fern Studios products. I started out with a layout and then decided to clean up my scrap space and create next a card and tag using paper and chipboard scraps. What a way to get organized and creative at the same time ;)!

"What a Wonderful Day!"
I was looking back on some older photos and found this precious set of my middle child from the summer of 2012. I remember clearly this day- and it truly was wonderful :). I wanted to create something happy, conveying that through my fun color scheme and accompanying chipboard elements. Using one of the Film Strips pieces, I was able to include a few extra little photos from that day :)

 I love these adorable, contemporary Memory Frames! I simply dabbed this one with a chalk edger pad.

A simple coat of yellow acrylic paint dressed up these Shabby Bricks Bits pieces, which added to my layering with fun texture and interest :)

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Memory Frames
Film Strips
Shabby Bricks Bits

Next up, I have my "scrap" projects:

"Love"
Since I had the Memory Frames out, I decided to create a sweet tag. After priming with gesso, I applied some clear embossing ink, mist, and white sparkly embossing powder and set it with a heat gun.


 Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Memory Frames
Swirly Doodle

"Reach & Wander"
 For my final project, I took some of the Tattered Diamond Bits and a partial Film Strips piece to accent this simple scrap card using up some leftover papers from my layout. Sometimes all you need is a little gesso and maybe some stamping and you're set!

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Tattered Diamond Bits
Film Strips

Thank-you for stopping by the Blue Fern Studios blog today!
Have you had a chance to play along with this month's sketch challenge? Check it out- there's still some time :)!

2 comments: