Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blue Fern Studios + 7 Dots Studio = Love

Hi Blue Fern Studio Fans!! It's Lisa here, with a new set of layouts for your viewing pleasure. I hope to inspire you this week with my work.  What a delightful surprise when we found out that we were doing an awesome swap with 7 Dots Studio. It was like a match made in heaven!! But then again, Blue Fern Studios chip board will go with any paper or medium!! This first layout was done with the 7 Dots Studios collection Messy Head. I simply adore the wood grained pattern paper. I topped it with the print pattern paper and edge punched it. The paper and Twiggy Branch inspired me to use this photo of Flamingo's I took at Sunken Gardens a few years ago. They truly are "delightful" creatures.


I decided to leave the branch in a more natural color considering the wood grained paper went with it so well. I did rub a little Rock candy Stickles on it to give it a little sparkle. Then I just added some tiny flowers that I die cut.


  I love the word sets. I base coated the word and after it was dry, I dabbed on 2 different color glazes.


I used a white acrylic gesso to coat the Doily Bunting and the butterflies, and while the paint was thick and still wet, I sprinkled some Micro Beads in 2 different colors onto it and pressed them into the wet  paint.


A detailed look of the microbead/gesso technique. 





Twiggy Branch


Doily Bunting
The Optimist Word set
                              
                                                                   Brigitte Butterfly Set

For this next layout I used Messy Head once again. I cant tell you how beautiful the 7 Dots paper is!!


On the flourish I used some crackle paint. Whe the paint was dry and crackled, I rubbed some soft chalk ink over it so that it seeped into the cracks. Then I just dry rubbed the ink off of the paint leaving it on very lightly in some spots. .


I did the same treatment to the Circle Motifs. Then I added a bit of pink ink and rubbed it lightly over the whole surface.


I took one of the circle Morifs and cut it in half. I positioned the pieces on the edges of the layout. They look like 2 different pieces. I only used 1 piece, and there are 3 pieces in the set.

                                                             
                                                                   Blooming Flourish

                                                                        Circle Motifs
                                                                    
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out my creations this week. I surely had a wonderful time with my Blue Fern Studios chip board pairing it with 7 Dots Studios. Be sure to check back here on the Blue Fern Studios Blog often as the designers share their work and techniques. You are sure to be inspired. 

4 comments:

  1. Two very beautiful layouts Lisa... Love them both the photo of the flamingoes is amazing. I agree they are beautiful creatures. I love the micro beads on the first layout and the cracked look on the second. I have just got hold of some crack medium and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely projects, Lisa!! Gorgeous work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa! They're both such a delight to the senses to look at! So, so BEAUTIFUL! Love the chippy techniques, and now really NEED that Bo Bunny stamp! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer Lisa! these are both absolutely gorgeous! the colours are out of this world beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete